Cute Ways to Include Your Kids in Your Wedding
If you have children and you are getting married, it is important to include your kids on your special day. No matter whether your children are from a previous marriage or not, it is important to show them that your wedding is about the family coming together and that they are included in this. Most children react positively to their parent(s) getting married (or so we hope), but there are some who may find the process a bit daunting and overwhelming. Including your children in the process is one of the best ways to ensure they are excited about the wedding and the future. So, what are some fun ways to include your kids in your wedding?
Ways to include your kids in your wedding
Include them in the process
- Ask for their opinion when buying wedding rings – One of the most important parts of the pre-wedding process is choosing your wedding rings. If you include your children in the process, it will automatically make them feel special and that you truly value their opinion. Nowadays, you can easily purchase wedding rings online, so why not give your children the laptop and let them browse through the options that are available? You can find some pretty amazing ring online and some that we have found are Tacori wedding rings and wedding bands at Whiteflash. Your kids are bound to have hours of fun looking for the perfect ring for you and your fiancé.
- Include them in making DIY crafts – Making DIY crafts is a great way to save money when it comes to planning a wedding, and this is something you can easily do with your children. From making your own place cards to putting together favors and making save the dates, there are many different options to choose from and each can be personalized to the vibe of your wedding and how you want everyone to feel on your wedding day.
- Write them into your vows – Why not write your own vows so that you can include a bit about your children? This is one of the easiest ways to show your kids how much you love them. That you getting married means that you are committed to being a family, not just committed to each other. After all, a lot of children – especially from prior marriages – fear that a wedding means they are going to get left behind.
Include them in your day
- Have them get beautified with you – We know how much the bride and bridal party like to get glammed up, so for sure the little ones will too. Depending on their age, you could have them get hair and makeup done or just one of them. They will feel like one of the ladies for sure.
- Have them give you away – If you have been married before, or your dad is no longer able to give you away, it’s a sweet gesture to get your children to give you away instead. Of course, you can simply throw tradition out of the window and go for this option anyway. I mean, your little one is bound to feel special when they walk you down the aisle.
- Include them in your first dance – Another great way to get your children involved in your wedding day is to have a family first dance rather than having a first dance with just your partner. This can also ease the pressure if you’re not someone who enjoys dancing very much.
Hopefully, you now have some great suggestions regarding the different ways you can include your children in your wedding. From including them in craft making to having them give you away or getting beautified with you, there are many cute options that your kids will be excited about!
P.S. Have any fun ideas of how you could incorporate kids into a wedding day? Let us know! We would love to hear them.
*This post may contain affiliate links.