Guest Post: Angela Garzon Photography
Looking Fabulous From First Glance To Last Dance
Planning a wedding is a whirlwind of an experience, “Flowers are going to cost how much? First look or no first look? What is a first look? Is it worth it to hire a hair and makeup artist?” Answers: traditionally 8-10% of your overall budget; Depends on your timeline; A private moment between the couple before they walk down the aisle; Yes, yes, yes! As a wedding photographer, one of my most important recommendations to a Bride is to find her squad: a reputable hair and makeup team in line with the style and vibe of your day.
Answers: traditionally 8-10% of your overall budget; Depends on your timeline; A private moment between the couple before they walk down the aisle; Yes, yes, yes! As a wedding photographer, one of my most important recommendations to a Bride is to find a reputable hair and makeup team in line with the style and vibe of your day.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Want To Find Your Hair & Makeup Squad
1. Weddings are 10+ hour days, and it’s important that your hair and makeup are as wind-proof, kiss-proof, and sweat proof as possible. There is nothing more stressful than a Bride’s updo collapsing right before her portraits. Professional artists know what products touse and the best ways to ensure your hair-do doesn’t become a hair-don’t.
2. Professionals can recommend hairstyles and makeup trends that complement the shape of your face, your skin tone, wedding theme, and gown. Yes, they’ve seen and done it all, they are masters of their craft and it shows.
3. They are the first person you see and the way they work will set the tone for your entire day. The number 1 reason for timelines to run late is the getting ready process taking longer than planned for. Professionals know what they can accomplish and how long it will take. By working with a makeup artist you know and trust, you will be less likely to make any last minute changes that might delay you.
4. Hiring a professional team eliminates so much stress! You and your bride tribe deserve to be pampered, relaxing with a mimosa in your hand. Be sure that as a Bride you have your own personal artist and you are NEVER left for last. The Bride should be the first in line to receive hair and makeup so you can be camera ready on time. Which brings us to….
5. You will look and feel like your best self. Photographers want their Bride’s to feel confident and relaxed in front of the camera, not having to worry about whether your mascara is really cry-proof, if that tiny stress-pimple is visible, or if your veil will fall out before you’re officially a Mrs. Flawless. Lasting makeup will save your photographer lots of retouching and Photoshop, which makes everyone happy.
Using a beauty concierge service like Elwynn + Cass, LLC is a fantastic way to find a professional team you trust. You are paired up with an artist to match your vision, needs, and budget. Believe me, they’ll give you the assurance that you look your best from first glance, until your last dance.